The Global Partnership for Social Accountability (GPSA) Second Call for Proposals is now closed. The Call for Proposals received 428 submissions from civil society organizations (CSO’s) and CSO-networks based and operating in one of the 33 countries that ‘opted-in’ to the GPSA. Grant amounts ranged from US$500,000 to US$1,000,000, however requests for funding below this range were also considered.
Grants are intended to provide strategic and sustained support to CSO projects with the following objectives:
- Addressing critical governance and development problems through social accountability processes that involve citizen feedback and participatory methodologies geared to helping governments and public sector institutions solve these problems. Special emphasis is put on problems that directly affect extreme poor and marginalized populations.
- Strengthening civil society’s capacities for social accountability by investing in CSOs’ institutional strengthening and through mentoring of small, nascent CSOs by well-established, larger CSOs with a track record on social accountability.
Country-Tailored Calls for Proposals
Proposals must address the priority themes identified per country. Please review the table further below for details. Look for your country and open the PDF link to see the country-specific call for proposals.
How to apply
- The deadline for submitting grant applications is January 6th, 2014 (23:59 GMT)
- Please note: all grant applications, without exception, must be submitted in English. The GPSA will not consider applications written in other languages.
- Read the general instructions on how to apply for a grant, eligibility requirements, selection criteria and process: please download the GPSA Grant Application Guidelines (pdf).
- Review your country’s priority theme(s) included in the country-tailored call for proposals. See the table further below on this page.
- All applications must be submitted using the GPSA online e-application platform. Applications submitted through any other means will not be accepted.
The Application form consists of 3 parts. Each must be complete for your proposal to be considered.
- Part 1: Proposal Basic Information (Word)
- Part 2: Main Application Form (Word)
- Part 3: Proposal Budget (Excel)
Please note: Part 1 of the Application Form must be filled-out in the e-application platform. Parts 2 and 3 are to be uploaded as attachments into the e-application. (You may download and start working on Part 1 in Word, so that later you can cut and paste the contents into the e-application form).
For questions about the application process, you can contact the GPSA Help Desk by e-mail. Please also consult the list of Questions and Answers to see if your question is covered there. The FAQs will be updated weekly on the webpage for the benefit of all potential applicants.
|Eastern Caribbean Countries:
Antigua and Barbuda
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
|EN FR AR
|Dem. Rep. of the Congo
|EN FR AR
- Grant Application Guidelines (pdf) EN AR
- Application Form (3 parts):
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Contact the GPSA Help Desk